joined Badger Veterinary Hospital in October 2015. A native of Grove City, Pennsylvania, she completed her undergraduate degree in 2006 at the University of Findlay in Ohio, and she received her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from Iowa State University in 2010. Following graduation from veterinary school, she completed a one-year internship focusing on theriogenology from Iowa State University. To advance her training, she completed a two-year residency in equine theriogenology from Texas A&M University. Prior to coming to Wisconsin, she practiced in Ohio and South Carolina.
Her professional affiliations include the American Veterinary Medical Association, the American Association of Equine Practitioners, and the Society for Theriogenology. Dr. Kiser's professional interests include stallion and mare reproduction, assisted reproductive technologies (ART), preventative medicine, neonatology, and internal medicine.
Interesting things about Dr. Kiser:
- Allison presented research she conducted at Texas A&M University at the 6th International Symposium on Stallion Reproduction in Vienna, Austria in 2012.
- Allison is an avid sports fan, with a keen interest in hockey.
- Allison's favorite band is The Bouncing Souls.
- Allison loves cooking and trying new recipes.
- In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her appaloosa gelding, retired greyhound, and fat cat; horseback riding; playing tennis. She is an avid Pittsburgh Penguins hockey fan.