Does Your Pet Need to Visit the Chiropractor?
How do you know if your pet could benefit from chiropractic care?
Here is a list of the most common warning signs to look for:
- Lameness, limping, holding one leg up off the floor
- Yelping with movement
- Abnormal posture - head always tilted to the same side, unusual roundness of the back
- Holding tail in unusual position, unable to wag or lift tail
- Unable to reach the floor to pick up a toy or eat out of dish
- Avoidance maneuvers when someone reaches to pet him/her
- Lack of energy, lack of interest in activity
- Slowed movement
These symptoms can suggest that your pet is suffering from a pinched nerve, muscle spasm, arthritis or swollen vertebral disc and may benefit from chiropractic treatment. Prompt examination and treatment are encouraged to minimize your pet's suffering and encourage maximum healing.
To schedule a chiropractic appointment, you must have a referral from your veterinarian. If you currently don't have a veterinarian, any of the doctors at Badger Veterinary Hospital would be happy to examine your pet prior to your chiropractic appointment.