Dedicated. Trustworthy. Gentle. Caring.
The Badger Veterinary Hospital team provides pets with the absolute best care available in the most compassionate manner possible. Our three-location mixed-animal veterinary practice in Southern Wisconsin is always growing.
To apply for any of our current job openings, please download and complete our employment application:
Send us your completed employment application (and, optionally, your resume) to:
Badger Veterinary Hospital
P.O. Box 2258
Janesville, WI 53547-2258
Pet Groomer (Part Time)
Badger Veterinary Hospital is a growing three-location veterinary practice in Southern Wisconsin dedicated to the life and love of pets. We are seeking an experienced pet groomer who can fit in with our dedicated, trustworthy, gentle, caring team. The new groomer will be working in our Cambridge location.
Badger Veterinary Hospital’s pet groomers deliver high quality grooming services to clients. The position is focused in both grooming and bathing dogs and cats. This position entails a large amount of individual work as well as teamwork with other veterinary staff and groomers.
A qualified applicant will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the grooming industry and will possess the following skills:
- Utilize grooming instruments, including shears and dryers
- Perform grooming services per client instructions
- Comfort calming and working with nervous dogs to promote a positive experience
- Positive attitude towards all pets and their owners as well as comfort with all breeds of dogs and cats
- Direct customer service experience to establish a trusting bond with our clients and to handle potentially difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- High standard for cleanliness and the self-directedness to keep your workstation neat and tidy
- Skilled in other areas including nail trims, ear cleaning, and anal gland expressing
- Ability to receive feedback from clients
The position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary), and standing for long periods of time. At least one year of pet grooming experience required.
Certified Veterinary Technician (Full Time)
Our Janesville, Wisconsin clinic is looking to add a full-time Certified Veterinary Technician to our growing staff. This individual would provide a confident, strong, and reliable work ethic while working closely with our veterinary team. Daily responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the productivity of a daily schedule
- Patient care
- Surgical rotations
- Client educations
- Medical documentation
- In-house laboratory testing
- Obtaining digital radiographs
- Assisting the veterinary staff with patients ranging from cats and dogs to birds and reptiles
Our Janesville clinic is one of three clinics, and it offers laser surgery, chiropractic care, ambulatory equine care, grooming, and boarding. Applicants must be able to multitask and work well both under pressure. At least 2 years experience preferred. Weekends and occasional local travel will be required.
We offer competitive wages and CE allowance, medical insurance, paid leave, and employee discounts.
Boarding Staff (Part Time)
Badger Veterinary Hospital of Wisconsin is looking to add staff to the boarding facility at our Janesville location. Job duties are in a hospital setting and include:
- Administering food and medications
- Supervising dog playgroups
- Effective communication with doctors, staff, and clients
- Responding to phone calls and emails related to boarding
The ideal candidate would be customer service oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently, and able to work with animals of all sizes and temperaments. Previous experience with animals preferred, but we are willing to train the right person. Some night, weekend, and holiday hours are required.
Client Support/Receptionist (Full Time and/or Part Time)
Badger Veterinary Hospital-Janesville
Badger Veterinary Hospital is looking to add staff to our Client Support team. Job duties include:
- Greeting clients and their pets
- Client check-in and check-out
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering phones
- Record keeping
Candidates must be friendly and courteous with a background in customer service.