joined the Badger Veterinary Hospital and Badger Equine Veterinary Services teams in 2017 after earning her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from UW-Madison. Dr. Courter’s equine clinical interests include lameness, sports medicine, dentistry, and geriatric care. Her small animal clinical interests include preventative health, internal medicine and geriatric care.
Dr. Courter began riding horses when she was 8 years old. She worked (lived) at the barn and moved her way up training and showing American Saddlebreds. She also worked at a small animal veterinary clinic in Middleton for six years prior to and throughout veterinary school. During veterinary school, she completed a yearlong internship at a mixed animal practice as well as eight traveling externships at equine veterinary practices across the U.S.
Interesting things about Dr. Courter:
- Traveled for both personal and veterinary purposes to several countries, including Nicaragua, Honduras, South Africa, Hungary, and Canada.
- Has 2-year-old Shepherd/Husky mix named Luna, and she continues to pleasure ride Saddlebreds.
- Involved in the annual PuppyUp Madison Walk to raise money for efforts to eliminate cancer in pets and people as well as the annual UWPD Dog Jog, a fundraiser to help raise money for the UW-Madison Police Department’s K9 unit.
- Enjoys anything outside -- hiking, running, sand volleyball, skiing, and laying poolside.
- Loves college and professional football and college basketball. With one brother living on the West Coast with his wife and two adorable nieces and another brother and his wife living in Budapest, Hungary, traveling to visit family is a favorite activity!
- She has been skydiving once and would do it again in a heartbeat!
Contact Margaret: firstname.lastname@example.org