Scott Spaulding, DVM
President & CEO
Large Animal Veterinarian
Dr. Spaulding earned his DVM from UW-Madison in 1991, joined the Badger Vet staff in 1992, and became partner in 1996. In addition to primary care, his clinical interests include preventative medicine, equine nutrition, and equine dentistry.
"I enjoy being an ambulatory veterinarian. I am able to get to know our patients and clients on their farms. Helping horse owners provide the very best care possible, and watching our clients enjoy their horses, is the most rewarding part of doing what I do."
Professional development for Scott means being actively involved to help make a difference for veterinarians nationally. His newest commitment is serving on the Veterinary Economics Strategy Committee for the American Veterinary Medical Association with the goal of identifying and addressing strategies to overcome economic pitfalls in the industry.
In addition to practicing medicine in Southern Wisconsin, Scott travels throughout the United States consulting with other veterinary practices to assist in strategic planning and practice and financial management.
Early in his career, Scott was Consulting Veterinarian for Steffen-Haus Kennel, a German Shepherd breeding and training facility in Europe. Traveling to and from multiple destinations in Europe was part of his business.
Scott is active in organizations both locally and nationally. He was the founder of the Milton Football Boosters and is a member of the American Veterinary Medical Association, the Veterinary Economics Strategy Committee, the Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association, and the American Association of Equine Practitioners.
Interesting things about Scott:
- Scott is “plugged in” particularly with social media, regardless of the amount of work he has on his plate. He believes that this is a great way to keep in touch with clients, partners, and friends!
- Scott is a huge sports fan! From Milton Youth Football, Milton Red Hawks, the University of Dubuque Spartans, the Wisconsin Badgers, our Green Bay Packers (of course!), and high school and college basketball.
- Scott and Nancy's children are their highest priority. Justin played college football, Sara plays college soccer, and he and Nancy follow both of them all over the country. Scott has missed only three of Justin’s football games in his 17 years of playing football.
- His cat, Andretti, adopted Scott when he (the cat) was just 5 weeks old.
- Scott is training Andretti to walk on a leash. “It’s not as easy as you may think."