Small Animal Veterinarian
Dr. Willow Hipwood, born in Australia, joined Badger Veterinary Hospital as a DVM in 2014 upon earning her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from UW-Madison. She is no stranger to Badger Veterinary Hospital as she has been working with us as a technician assistant and a certified veterinary technician, as her schedule allowed, since 2005. Prior to entering vet school, she completed her undergraduate work at UW-Whitewater and UW-Madison. In addition to primary care, Willow’s clinicalinterests include anesthesia and pain management, emergency medicine, and cardiology. Dr. Hipwood is committed to veterinary medicine as evidenced through her career leading up to her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine.
As a member of Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association and American Veterinary Medical Association, Willow proactively seeks continuing education opportunities. Her current goal, in addition to her DVM, is to obtain certification in Veterinary Acupuncture.
“I love being an advocate for our pets that can’t speak, ensuring the bond between animals and their people can last as long as possible. I love learning everyday and working beside an amazing group of people. I wake up every day knowing that I love what I do!”
Willow lives in Stoughton with her husband Greg, their daughter Adaline, two dogs, two cats, and a crested gecko. She loves being on the water, listening to live music, fishing, camping, hiking, and running with her dog.
Interesting things about Dr. Hipwood:
- Willow was born in a tent on Bruny Island, Tasmania, Australia, and she now holds dual citizenship.
- Prior to veterinary school, Willow worked as a veterinary receptionist, veterinary technician assistant, and a certified veterinary technician.
- Willow has sailed from Maine to the Bahamas.
- Willow has lived in Maine, New Hampshire, and Colorado.
- Willow grew up riding horses and dancing with the Deerfield Dance Studio, and wishes she still did!
- Willow LOVES football season and is an avid Badger and Packer fan.