Dr. Courter joined the Badger Veterinary Hospital and Badger Equine Veterinary Services teams in 2017 after earning her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from UW-Madison. Dr. Courter’s equine clinical interests include preventative health, dentistry, lameness, sports medicine, and geriatric care. Her small animal clinical interests include preventative health, internal medicine, and geriatric care.
Dr. Courter began riding horses when she was 8 years old. She worked (lived) at the barn and moved her way up training and showing American Saddlebreds. She also worked at a small animal veterinary clinic in Middleton for six years prior to and throughout veterinary school. During undergraduate school, she completed a yearlong internship at a mixed animal practice and attended eight traveling externships at equine veterinary practices across the U.S. while in veterinary school.
Dr. Courter’s professional affiliations include the American Association of Equine Practitioners, the American Veterinary Medical Association, and the Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association.
- Has a 5-year-old Shepherd/Husky mix named Luna, a 5- year-old Saddlebred gelding named Mississippi Mudcat and continues to pleasure ride Saddlebreds.
- Volunteers with Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin (Rock Co.) VetPets program, offering free spay/neuter surgeries to shelter kittens
- Traveled for both personal and veterinary purposes to several countries, including Nicaragua, Honduras, South Africa, Hungary, and Canada.
- Travel — with one brother living on the West Coast with his wife and two daughters and another brother and his wife and one daughter living in Budapest, Hungary, traveling to visit family is a favorite activity!
- Enjoys anything outside — hiking, running, sand volleyball, skiing, and laying poolside.
- Packer and Badger fan!! Loves college and professional football and college basketball.
- LOVES anything chocolate